Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Scl. Polypori||Zhu Ling||3-15g||
Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness and dispels Damp-Heat.
With Fu Ling, for Lin syndrome, scanty urine, edema, loose stools, vaginal discharge, jaundice, leg Qi and diarrhea. With Fu Ling and Ze Xie, for edema due to Spleen Deficiency. With Fu Ling, Ze Xie, and Hua Shi, resolves clumping of water and Heat, clears Heat and promotes flow in the water pathways. With Hua Shi and E Jiao, for fever, dysuria, thirst and irritability due to water and Heat Accumulation with Yin Deficiency.
Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness, transforms Phlegm, strengthens the Spleen and harmonizes the Stomach.
With Ze Xie, facilitates the removal of water and leaches out Dampness to treat stagnant water and Dampness leading to edema, jaundice, diarrhea, Milky Lin, and scanty, difficult urination with abdominal distention for. With Zhu Ling, promotes urination for Lin Syndrome, scanty urine, edema, loose stools, vaginal discharge, jaundice, leg Qi and diarrhea. With Ze Xie and Zhu Ling, strengthens its ability to promote urination and leach out Dampness for dysuria and Phlegm Accumulation.
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||3-10g||
Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness, unblocks deep water pathways involving the Kidneys and promotes water metabolism.
Promotes urination and drains Heat from the Urinary Bladder (aids movement of gravel and stones and expels Damp-Heat).
With Zhu Ling and Ze Xie, for Stone Lin.
|Colla Corii Asini||E Jiao||3-10g||
Enriches Yin and prevents excess urination.
With Zhu Ling and Hua Shi, for Yin and Fluid Deficiencies with internal buildup of water and Heat leading to urinary dysfunction.
- Promotes urination
- Clears Heat
- Nourishes the Yin
- Shao Yin Heat Syndrome
- Yang Ming Syndrome
- Stagnation of Heat with water retention
- Hot bloody urinary dysfunction (Blood Lin)
- Diarrhea in infants due to Damp-Heat
- Urinary difficulty
- Thirst with a desire to drink
- Lower abdominal distention and pain
- Maybe hematuria
- Painful urination with Yin Deficiency
- Urinary dribbling
- Decreased urination
- Dry skin
- Sunken eyes
- Fever worse at night
- T: Red or Dark red and dry
- C: Yellow, thin or none
- P: Thready and rapid or forceful and rapid
- Uterine bleeding
- Degenerative nephritis
- Renal calculus
- Bleeding secondary to cirrhosis
- Chronic gastritis
- Perimenopausal syndrome
- Upper respiratory infections
- Kidney failure
- Acute glomerulonephritis
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urinary tract infection
- Lower urinary tract infection
- Hemorrhagic shock
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Thrombocytic purpura
- Cardiogenic edema
- Ulcerative colitis
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Abdominal fullness and distention
- Contraindicated for those without Heat.
- Contraindicated for those with abundant Heat and severely damaged Yin.
- Contraindicated for those with pronounced Dampness.