Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Aconiti Lateralis Preparata||Zhi Fu Zi||5-15g||
Restores Kidney and Spleen Yang.
With Bai Zhu, for Spleen Yang Deficiency with a cold, painful abdomen, vomiting and watery diarrhea. With Bai Zhu and Fu Ling, for Kidney and Spleen Yang Deficiency with retention of pathogenic water with abdominal pain, which is worse with Cold, urinary difficulty, and deep aching and heaviness in the extremities. With Fu Ling, for lower body edema and dysuria.
|Rz. Atractylodis Macrocephalae||Bai Zhu||3-15g||
Tonifies the Spleen and dries Dampness.
With Fu Ling, strengthens the Spleen and promotes urination. With Sheng Jiang and Fu Ling, reinforces Earth to control Water to treat edema with Kidney Yang Deficiency .
Drains Dampness and strengthens the Spleen.
With Zhi Fu Zi and Sheng Jiang, for edema due to Spleen and Kidney Yang Deficiency.
|Rz. Zingiberis Recens||Sheng Jiang||3-9g||
Spreads Lung Qi, warms the Stomach, disperses Cold, stops coughing and vomiting, and warms and dispels edema.
|Rx. Paeoniae Alba||Bai Shao||3-9g||
Preserves Yin, stops abdominal pain and relaxes spasms.
- Warms Yang
- Promotes urination
- Heart Yang Not Vigorous: Water Qi Insults the Heart with Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Kidney Yang Deficiency with Water Flooding
- Kidney Yang Deficiency with Water Flooding the Lungs
- Spleen and Kidney Yang Deficiency with Water Flooding
- Tai Yang moving to Shao Yin Cold
- Tai Yang Shang Han with sweating that does not reduce the fever
- Jin Ye (Body Fluid) Stasis
- Abdominal pain aggravated by Cold
- Urinary difficulty
- Deep, aching heaviness in the extremities
- Generalized edema
- Loose stools
- Heavy sensation in the head
- Epigastric palpitations
- Aversion to Cold
- Watery diarrhea
- No thirst
- Profuse perspiration
- Cold limbs
- A husky voice
- Hair loss
- Generalized twitching
- Tidal flushing of the genitals by Dampness
- Water buildup leading to hernia
- Prone to infections
- Prone to allergies
- Prone to Wind erysipelas
- Chest pain
- Mental and emotional disorders
- Nasal obstruction with clear mucus
- Impaired visual acuity
- Prone to dormant papules
- A sensation of something being stuck in the throat
- Incessant sneezing
- Swelling and pain of the teeth or gums
- Feeling of unsteadiness as if one were about to fall
- Distended or heavy sensation of the head
- Gradual weight gain
- Abdominal distention and fullness
- Pitting edema
- Scanty urination or
- Frequent, clear, abundant urination at night
- Weak knees
- Seminal emissions
- Flaccid abdomen
- Muscular aching
- Chronic lower back pain
- Cyclic vomiting
- Fever, perspiration does not reduce fever
- Impaired memory
- Shivering and trembling
- Catches cold easily
- Severe fatigue
- Aches and pains in the body or extremities
- Flank pain
- T: Pale or Dark purple and swollen with teeth marks
- C: White and slippery
- P: Deep, thready and forceless or Deep and thready
- Chronic glomerulonephritis Nephritis Dizziness Common cold Rheumatic valvular Heart disease Influenza Congestive Heart failure Liver cirrhosis Chronic hepatic disorders Ascites Edema Chronic enteritis Intestinal tuberculosis Chronic diarrhea Meniere’s disease Primary hypertension Primary hyperaldosteronism Hypothyroidism Rheumatoid arthritis with joint effusion Carbon monoxide poisoning Post-concussion syndrome Post concussion headache Sciatica Restless legs Piriformis syndrome Essential tremors Allergic rhinitis Chronic sinusitis Leukorrhea Uterine prolapse Arrhythmia Palpitations Chronic eczema Cough Coronary Heart disease Abdominal pain Dysmenorrhea Infertility Hypothyroidism Dysentery Polyuria Emphysema Cyclic vomiting Systemic lupus erythematosis Chronic fatigue syndrome Crohn's disease Low back pain Forgetfulness Fatigue Edema during pregnancy Obesity Profuse perspiration Dyspnea Constipation Chronic bronchitis Insomnia Amenorrhea Cor pulmonare Asthma Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) Trigeminal neuralgia Basilar insufficiency Pleurisy Neurasthenia Cerebral bleeding Indigestion Gastroptosis Chronic peritonitis Renal atrophy Monoplegia Pruritis Renal edema Chronic renal failure Benign prostatic hypertrophy Prostatitis Benign prostatic hypertrophy Cardiac edema Pneumonia Hypopituitarism Chronic gastroenteritis Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease with effusion Osteoarthritis Lumbar disc disease Facial tics Scrotal eczema Infertility Nephrotic syndrome Alopecia Irritable bowel syndrome Postpartum pain Endometriosis Raynaud's disease Vertigo Abdominal fullness and distention Oliguria Nausea/Vomiting Celiac disease Diarrhea Anorexia Hypotension Weakness Impotence Anxiety Spermatorrhea Shoulder pain Upper back pain
- Contraindicated for those with Heat conditions.
- Contraindicated for those with water accumulation due only to Excess conditions.