Yue Ju Wan
Pin Ying Name: Yue Ju Wan
English Name: Escape Restrain Decoction
Chinese Name: 越麴丸
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Actions|
|Rz. Atractylodes||Cang hu||
Strongly dries Dampness and tonifies the Spleen.
With Xiang Fu, for chest, epigastric and abdominal pain, distention and discomfort due to Dampness and Qi Obstruction.
|Rz. Chuanxiong||Chuan Xiong||
Invigorates the Blood and promotes the movement of Qi.
With Xiang Fu, for Qi Stagnation combined with Blood Stasis.
|Rz. Cyperi||Xiang Fu||
Spreads and regulates Liver Qi.
With Cang Zhu, for indigestion, pain and distention in the flanks and abdomen, nausea, vomiting, and acid regurgitation.
|Fr. Gardeniae||Zhi Zi||
Clears Heat, reduces Fire, eliminates irritability, and resolves Dampness.
With Chuan Xiong, Xiang Fu and Shen Qu, for depression with irritability.
|Massa Medicata Fermentata||Shen Qu||
Reduces Food Stagnation, promotes digestion, harmonizes the Stomach and moves Qi.
With Bai Zhu, for Food Stagnation and diarrhea due to Spleen Deficiency.
- Regulates Qi
- Releases all types of Stagnation (Qi, Blood, Phlegm, Fire, Food and Dampness)
- Qi Stagnation in the Middle Jiao
- Liver Qi Stagnation Invading the Stomach
- Chest and abdominal distention
- A stifling sensation in the chest and abdomen
- Fixed pain in the hypochondria
- Belching with a fetid odor
- Epigastric and abdominal fullness and pain
- Acid reflux
- Mild coughing with copious sputum
- Reduced appetite
- T: Normal
- C: Thin and white or Greasy or Slippery,
- P: Wiry and taut or Running
- Peptic ulcer Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic gastritis
- Biliary tract infection
- Chronic hepatitis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Gastric neurosis
- Acid reflux
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Morning sickness
- Abdominal fullness and distention
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Globus hystericus
- Cerebral thrombosis
- Some types of neurosis
- Coronary artery disease
- Infectious hepatitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic cough
- Otitis media
- Meniere's disease
- Hiatus hernia
- Contraindicated for those with Stagnation due to Deficiency.