Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Aconiti Lateralis Preparata||Zhi Fu Zi||5-15g||
Warms the Kidney and Heart Yang, stimulates exhausted Yang, warms the Ming Men Fire and the entire body by traveling through all twelve channels.
With Gan Jiang, strengthens the Kidney and Spleen Yang,warms the Spleen and Kidneys, disperses Cold and treats overabundance of Yin fluids due to Deficiency Cold, Devastated Yang and debilitated Spleen and Kidney Yang with incessant diarrhea. With Gan Jiang and Zhi Gan Cao strengthens the actions of fortifying Qi and benefiting the Yang for Cold extremities and diarrhea with undigested food due to Collapse of the Spleen and Kidney Yang.
|Rx. Aconiti Lateralis||Sheng Fu Zi||1 piece||
Use only if condition is critical.
|Rz. Zingiberis||Gan Jiang||2-10g||
Warms the Middle Jiao and Lungs, transforms thin mucus, expels Cold, rescues Yang, warms the channels (unblocks the pulse) and stops bleeding.
With Zhi Fu Zi, for Cold-Damp Bi. With Zhi Gan Cao, for epigastric pain and vomiting due to Spleen and Stomach Deficiency Cold and detoxifies Zhi Fu Zi.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae Preparata||Zhi Gan Cao||3-15g||
Tonifies Qi, strengthens the Spleen and moderates the drying properties of the formula.
- Rescues Yang
- Warms the Middle Jiao
- Disperses Internal Cold
- Stops diarrhea
- Heart Yang Deficiency Exhaustion: Yang Xu Jue Ni
- Kidney Yang Deficiency with Internal Cold
- Shao Yin Cold
- Yang Ming Han
- Excess use of diaphoretics in Tai Yang Stage leading to loss of Yang
- Extremely cold extremities
- Aversion to Cold
- Sleeping with knees drawn up
- Lethargy with a constant desire to sleep
- Diarrhea with undigested food
- Abdominal pain and Cold
- Lack of thirst
- Pale face
- Superficial fever
- Red face
- Cyanosis of the lips and nails
- T: Pale or Dark purple
- C: White and slippery
- P: Deep and thready or Deep and slow or Deep and faint
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Vomiting and diarrhea due to acute and chronic gastroenteritis
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Liver cirrhosis
- Chronic prostatitis
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic nephritis
- Congestive Heart failure
- Perspiration on the extremities
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Intractable arthritis
- Intestinal Heat
- Chronic colitis
- Functional uterine bleeding
- Recurrent aphthous ulcers
- Common cold
- Chronic renal failure
- Spontaneous perspiration
- Contraindicated for those with True Heat with False Cold (C.M.: cold extremities, thirst with a desire for cold drinks, dark urine, T: Red, C: Yellow).
- Stop this formula immediately once the hands and feet have warmed up.