Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Rehmanniae||Sheng Di Huang||9g||
Clears Heat, cools the Blood, nourishes Yin, generates fluids and cools Heart Fire.
With Shu Di Huang, for Heat symptoms due to Yin Deficiency and Devastated Blood.
|Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata||Shu Di Huang||9-15g||
Nourishes the Blood, nourishes Liver and Kidney Yin, nourishes Jing and Blood and fills the Marrow.
With Dang Gui, for Blood Deficiency marked by dizziness, palpitations, insomnia and menstrual dysfunction. With Ren Shen, for Qi and Blood Deficiency.
|Rz. Chuanxiong||Chuan Xiong||9-10g||
Invigorates the Blood, promotes the movement of Qi and alleviates pain.
With Dang Gui, for Blood Deficiency causing menstrual problems including dysmenorrhea, scanty menses, and amenorrhea.
|Rx. Ginseng||Ren Shen||9-20g||
With Shu Di Huang, for severe Qi and Blood Deficiency due to loss of Blood. With Huang Qi, for Qi Deficiency with general debility, anorexia, and spontaneous sweat.
|Rx. Angelicae Sinensis||Dang Gui||12-15g||
Tonifies, invigorates and harmonizes the Blood, regulates the menses, disperses Cold and stops pain due to Blood Stasis.
With Huang Qi, for Qi and Blood Deficiency. With Shu Di Huang, for Heat symptoms due to Yin Deficiency and Devastated Blood.
|Rx. Astragali||Huang Qi||15-18g||
Tonifies Qi and Blood and relieves numbness and pain.
With Dang Gui, for Qi and Blood Deficiency with chronic non-healing sores, numbness, painful obstruction and paresthesia.
- Augments Qi
- Tonifies the Blood
- Preserves the Blood
- Tonifies Yin
- Qi and Blood Deficiency with lower abdominal aching
- Atrophy disorder (Wei Syndrome) due to Blood Deficiency
- A constant ache in the lower abdomen that occurs during or just after menstruation
- The pain responds favorably to pressure
- Scanty and pale menstrual flow
- Pale complexion
- Menstrual bleeding that is light in color
- Weak limbs
- Withdrawn behavior
- Sensation of Heat
- Maybe irritability
- T: Pale
- C: Thin
- P: Thin and frail
- Sores and abscesses that bleed profusely and cause insomnia and irritability
- Early menstruation
- Atrophy (Wei) Syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre disease
- Acute myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord)
- Congestive Heart failure
- Blood Loss
- Threatened miscarriage
- The sequelae of poliomyelitis
- Acute infectious multiple neuritis
- Progressive muscular dystrophy
- Hysterical paralysis
- Periodic paralysis
- Facial paralysis
- A constant premenstrual ache