Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Angelicae Sinensis||Dang Gui||2.4-25g||
Tonifies Blood, regulates the menses, invigorates and harmonizes the Blood, disperses Cold and stops pain due to Blood Stasis.
With Chuan Xiong, harmonizes, nourishes and invigorates the Blood and disperses Blood Stasis for abdominal pain. With Chuan Xiong and Pao Jiang, for postpartum Blood Deficiency with Cold.
|Rz. Chuanxiong||Chuan Xiong||6-9g||
Invigorates the Blood and promotes the movement of Qi.
With Dang Gui, for Blood Deficiency causing menstrual problems including dysmenorrhea, scanty menses, and amenorrhea. With Dang Gui and Pao Jiang, for Retained lochia. With Dang Gui, Tao Ren, Pao Jiang and Zhi Gan Cao, for continuous postpartum bleeding due to Blood Stasis with Blood Deficiency and Cold.
|Sm. Persicae||Tao Ren||4-9g||
Breaks up Blood Stasis and invigorates Blood circulation.
With Pao Jiang and Chuan Xiong, for lochioschesis and abdominal pain.
|Rz. Zingiberis Preparata||Pao Jiang||1-3g||
Warms the Middle, expels Cold, warms the channels and stops bleeding.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae Preparata||Zhi Gan Cao||1-3g||
Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, moderates spasms, alleviates pain and moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
- Invigorates the Blood
- Transforms and dispels Blood Stasis
- Warms the menses
- Warms the channels
- Alleviates pain
- Postpartum Blood Deficiency with Cold Stagnation
- Retention of the lochia with Cold, hardness and pain in the lower abdomen
- The pain is worse with pressure
- May be masses in the sore area
- The Blood is dark purplish
- T: Pale and purple or Pale with purple spots
- C: Normal
- P: Deep and choppy
- Retention of the placenta
- Prolonged lochia
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Post-abortion bleeding
- Uterine contraction
- Postpartum pain
- Puerperal fever
- Postpartum lower abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- Uterine subinvolution
- Post-miscarriage bleeding
- Postpartum uterine bleeding
- Postpartum infection
- Trichomonas vaginitis with reddish discharge
- Abdominal pain
- Raynaud's disease
- Unpleasant symptoms during pregnancy
- Habitual miscarriage
- Fetal restlessness
- Contraindicated for those with Blood Stasis due to Heat. in the Blood.
- Contraindicated for those with postpartum hemorrhage due to Warm Blood.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated for those with bleeding or active hemorrhage disorder.
- Modify for those who already have normal discharge of lochia and only slight abdominal pain.