|1.5-10g 1.5-3g (Powder)|
Actions & Indications
Astringes the Intestines and stops diarrhea
Warms the Middle Jiao, regulates Qi and alleviates pain
- Contraindicated for those with hot diarrhea or hot dysenteric disorders or Heat in the Stomach.
- Contraindicated for those with sudden, explosive diarrhea due to Summerheat.
- Contraindicated for those with Intestinal Wind with bleeding.
- Contraindicated for those with Damp-Heat accumulating into Stagnation.
- Contraindicated for those with early stages of vaginal discharge.
- Use caution during pregnancy.
- 7.5 gm of the powdered herb can lead to dizziness, stupor or convulsion.
- Large doses can cause death.