Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rz. Coptidis||Huang Lian||1-10g||
Clears Stomach Fire, drains Heat, relieves toxicity and stops bleeding.
|Rz. Cimicifugae||Sheng Ma||1-10g||
Relieves toxicity, raises and disperses Heat and guides other herbs upwards.
With Huang Lian, clears and drains Heart and Stomach Fire with gum swelling, toothache and ulcerations of the mouth and tongue. With Sheng Di Huang, for toothache from Stomach Fire.
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||1.5-9g||
Cools the Blood and clears Heat.
With Sheng Di Huang, for Ying and Xue Stage Heat with a high fever, scarlet tongue, thirst, a rash all over the body, epistaxis and hemoptysis or residual Warm pathogen which has injured the Yin and Kidney Yin Deficiency with steaming bones.
|Rx. Rehmanniae||Sheng Di Huang||9-15g||
Cools the Blood, nourishes Yin, cools Heart Fire and generates Fluids.
With Sheng Ma, cools Heat in the Lungs and Stomach stopping hemoptysis and hematemesis.
|Rx. Angelicae Sinensis||Gang Gui||9-12g||
Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and alleviates pain.
- Drains Stomach Fire
- Cools Blood
- Nourishes Yin
- Stomach Fire Blazing
- Stomach Heat
- Toothache (especially when pain extends into the head)
- Toothache is worse with Heat and better with Cold
- Facial swelling
- Bad breath
- Dry mouth and tongue
- Bleeding gums
- Sores on the gums
- Maybe scanty, red urine
- Swollen, painful tongue
- Swollen, painful lips
- Swollen, painful jaw
- Pain is better with Cold and worse with Heat
- Swelling and pain of the throat
- Feverish cheeks
- Temporal headache
- T: Red
- C: Little or Yellow
- P: Slippery, big and rapid
- Ulcerative gingivitis
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Periodontal disease
- Acid regurgitation
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Idiopathic halitosis
- Infections affecting the head
- Swelling of the larynx and pharynx
- Stomach cancer
- Acute pancreatitis
- Peptic ulcer
- Acute infectious gastroenteritis
- Contraindicated for those with toothache due to Wind-Cold.
- Contraindicated for those with toothache tooth and gum problems due to KI Deficiency.