Qi Ju Di Huang Wan
Pin Ying Name: Qi Ju Di Huang Wan
English Name: Lycium, Chrysanthemum & Rehmannia Decoction
Chinese Name: 杞菊地黃丸
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Actions|
|Fr. Lycii||Gou Qi ZI||
Nourishes and tonifies the liver and Kidneys, brightens eyes and enriches Yin.
With Ju Hua, for Liver and Kidney Deficiencies with Jing and Blood unable to rise and nourish the eyes with tinnitus, headache, and visual impairment and Liver Yang Rising or Liver Wind Stirring Internally. With Shu Di Huang, for Liver and Kidney Deficiency.
|Flos Chrysanthemi||Ju Hua||
Clears the Liver and eyes, calms the Liver and extinguishes Wind.
|Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata||Shu Di Huang||
Nourishes Yin and Blood and tonifies the Kidneys.
With Shan Yao and Shan Zhu Yu, for dizziness, weak and sore back, impotence, spermatorrhea, night sweats, due to Kidney and Liver Yin Deficiency. With Shan Yao and Ze Xie, for ascendant Fire due to exhaustion of Kidney Yin. With Shan Zhu Yu, nourishes Kidney Yin and secures Jing, while restraining urination and sweating.
|Fr. Corni||Shan Zhu Yu||
Nourishes Kidney Yin and Yang, astringes essence and stops excessive perspiration.
With Shu Di Huang, nourishes Kidney Yin and secures Jing, while restraining urination and sweating. With Shan Yao, tonifies the Liver and benefits the Spleen. With Shu Di Huang, Shan Yao and Gou Qi Zi, for True Yin Deficiency.
|Rx. Dioscoreae||Shan Yao||
Strengthens the Spleen, stabilizes the Kidneys and nourishes Jing.
With Shu Di Huang and Shan Zhu Yu, for Kidney Deficiency with spermatorrhea, dizziness, tinnitus, lower back pain, impotence and night sweats.
Strengthens the Spleen and drains Dampness.
With Ze Xie, facilitates the removal of water and leaches out Dampness to treat stagnant water and Dampness leading to edema, jaundice, diarrhea, Milky Lin, and scanty, difficult urination with abdominal distention.
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||
Clears Heat and clears Deficiency Fire.
With Ju Hua, for dizziness and red, swollen eyes due to ascending Liver Fire.
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||
Promotes urination and prevents Kidney Fire as a result of tonification.
With Fu Ling and Mu Dan Pi, regulates the Kidneys, Liver and Spleen, drains and tonifies. With Fu Ling, promotes urination. With Mu Dan Pi, for steaming bone disorder, dizziness, and vertigo.
- Enriches Yin
- Nourishes the essence of the Liver and Kidneys
- Brightens eyes
- Enriches Blood
- Increases phagocytic activity
- Increases lymphatic transformation
- Increases production of immunoglobins
- Protects against platelet damage by radiation
- Protects against Liver damage by chemicals
- Liver (Yin and) Blood Deficiencies
- Liver and Kidney Yin Deficiencies (Liver Yin Deficiency is the prominent factor)
- Liver and Kidney Yin Deficiency with Liver Yang Rising
- Liver and Kidney Yin Deficiencies with eye diseases
- Dry eyes
- Diminished visual acuity
- Tearing when exposed to Wind
- Painful eyes
- Blurred vision
- Lower back pain
- Weakness of the lower back, knees and extremities
- Spontaneous and nocturnal emissions
- Diminished hearing
- Five Sole Heat
- Chronic dry, sore throat
- Wasting and thirsting disorder / Xiao Ke
- Decreased libido
- Maybe constipation
- Muscular weakness
- Dry skin
- Steaming bones
- Tidal fevers
- Loose teeth
- Dripping urine
- Dry tongue
- Numbness and weakness at the waist and knees
- Urinary incontinence
- Heel pain
- Knee pain
- Night sweats
- T: Red
- C: Little or None
- P: Thready and rapid
- Loss of muscle power in the feet
- Dry mouth
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Chronic nephritis
- Chronic glomerulonephritis
- Chronic urinary tract infection
- Failure to thrive
- Functional uterine bleeding
- Optic neuritis
- Optic nerve atrophy
- Central retinitis
- Retrobulbar neuritis
- Blurred vision
- General visual disturbance
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Coronary Heart disease
- Knee pain
- Chronic ocular disorders
- Meniere's disease
- Flaccid paralysis
- Night sweats
- Esophageal cancer
- Chronic asthma
- Side effects of steroids
- Allergic disorders
- Chronic hepatitis
- Nocturnal emissions
- Irregular menstruation
- Addison’s disease
- Congestive Heart failure
- Sore throat
- Retarded growth in children
- Vitreous opacity
- Redness, swelling and pain of the eyes
- Chronic glaucoma
- Excessive tearing when exposed to Wind
- Tourette syndrome
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Kidney Failure
- Low back pain
- Macular degeneration
- Premenstrual tension
- Use caution for those with Spleen Deficiency type diarrhea and indigestion with a white greasy tongue coat.
- Contraindicated for those with Yang Deficiency.