Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Sm. Cannabis||Huo Ma Ren||5-30g||
Moistens the Intestines and unblocks the bowels.
With Xing Ren, Bai Shao and Zhi Shi, for constipation due to Heat induced Dryness in the Stomach and Intestines.
|Sm. Armeniacae||Xing Ren||2-10g||
Descends Qi, moistens Intestines, unblocks bowels and harmonizes.
|Rx. Paeoniae Alba||Bai Shao||2-15g||
Nourishes Blood. astringes Yin and harmonizes the Interior.
|Fr. Aurantii Immaturus||Zhi Shi||2-10g||
Disperses intestinal accumulation, descends Qi and reduces distention.
With Hou Po, for Qi Stagnation with distention, swelling and pain. With Da Huang, for Qi Stagnation with constipation and abdominal swelling. With Huo Po and Da Huang, for abdominal distention, pain and fullness from Heat clumping with the stool and constipation with abdominal fullness and pain. With Bai Shao, for Qi and Blood Stagnation with abdominal pain.
|Cx. Magnoliae Officinalis||Hou Po||2-10g||
Removes fullness and distention, descends Qi and resolves Food Stagnation.
With Zhi Shi, for abdominal or chest distention, focal epigastric distention, wheezing, shortness of breath nausea, rebellious Qi or constipation from Cold, Heat, Dampness or Phlegm as long as clumped Qi is at the root of the problem. With Da Huang and Zhi Shi, for constipation due to accumulation and stagnation.
|Rx. et Rz. Rhei||Da Huang||4-10g||
Purges the Intestines and drains Heat.
With Huo Ma Ren and Xing Ren, for moderate constipation and habitual constipation with Deficiency.
|Apis Mel (Honey)||Feng Mi||15-30g||
Moistens the Intestines.
- Invigorates Blood
- Dispels Blood Stasis
- Moves Qi
- Lubricates the Intestines
- Moves the bowels
- Purges Heat
- Alleviates pain
- Colon Heat
- Deficiency of Fluid in Colon
- Dry Heat Retention in the Stomach and Intestines due to Jin Ye Deficiency
- Yang Ming Xu
- Constipation with hard, difficult to expel stool
- Dry skin
- Scanty urination
- Maybe frequent urination
- T: Pink or Red
- C: Yellow and dry
- P: Slippery and rapid or Thready and rapid or Deep and rapid or Superficial and choppy
- Habitual constipation
- Postpartum constipation
- Post-surgical constipation
- Incomplete Intestinal obstruction
- Reflux gastritis
- Bad breath
- Constipation in the weak or elderly
- Chronic colitis
- Postoperative ileus
- Atrophic gastritis
- Post-hemorrhoidectomy bleeding
- Cardiopulmonary disease
- Coronary Heart disease
- Drug induced constipation
- Constipation due to atrophic Kidneys
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Interstitial cystitis
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Modify for treating constipation with Blood Deficiency.
- Modify for treating the very weak.