Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Gentianae||Long Dan Cao||1-9g||
Drains Shi Heat from the Liver/Gallbladder, drains Liver Fire and eliminates Damp-Heat from Lower Jiao.
With Chai Hu and Huang Qin, for Liver/ Gallbladder Damp-Heat.
|Rx. Scutellariae||Huang Qin||3-12g||
Drains Fire, dries Dampness and calms ascending Liver Yang.
With Zhi Zi, drains Fire and eliminates Dampness.
|Fr. Gardeniae||Zhi Zi||6-12g||
Clears Heat, eliminates irritability and drains Damp-Heat.
With Huang Qin, drains Fire and eliminates Dampness.
|Caulis Akebiae||Mu Tong||3-9g||
With Che Qian Zi and Ze Xie, drains Heat from Upper Jiao and eliminates Damp-Heat from Lower Jiao through the urine.
|Sm. Plantaginis||Che Qian Zi||3-15g||
Promotes urination and clears Heat.
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||3-12g||
Promotes urination and clears Damp Heat.
|Rx. Bupleuri||Chai Hu||3-12g||
Disperses Heat due to Liver/Gallbladder Qi Stagnation and focuses the actions of the formula on Liver/Gallbladder. (Omitted in some versions).
With Huang Qin, clears Shao Yang Heat. With Gan Cao, for hepatitis and upper right quadrant pain.
|Rx. Rehmanniae||Sheng Di Huang||5-15g||
Nourishes Yin and clears Heat.
With Dang Gui, protects Yin and Blood.
|Extremitas Radicis Angelicae Sinensis||Dang Gui Wei||5-12g||
Nourishes Blood without causing Stasis.
With Sheng Di Huang, protects Yin and Blood
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Gan Cao||1-6g||
Harmonizes the Middle Jiao and regulates other herbs.
- Drains Excess Fire from the Liver and Gallbladder
- Clears and Drains Damp-Heat from the Lower Jiao
- Clears Damp-Heat from the San Jiao
- Liver Fire Flaring Up
- Damp-Heat in the Liver and Gallbladder
- Damp-Heat in the Liver Channel
- San Jiao Damp-Heat
- Hypochondriac pain
- Red sore eyes
- Hearing loss
- Swelling in the ears
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Short temper
- Difficult and painful urination with a heat sensation in the urethra
- Swollen and itchy genitalia
- Yellow, foul smelling leukorrhea
- Short menstrual cycle with reddish-purple blood
- Ear discharge
- Yellow urine
- Chest pain
- Turbid urine
- Dry throat
- Pain in the armpits
- Sweating in the groin
- T: Red or Red edges
- C: Yellow or Yellow and greasy
- P: Wiry, Excess and rapid
- Migraine headache
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Corneal ulcers
- Acute glaucoma
- Central retinitis
- Acute suppurative otitis media
- Herpes zoster (initial stage)
- Herpes simplex (early stages)
- Herpes genitalia
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Meniere’s disease
- Vaginal inflammation
- Vaginal itch
- Acute gastritis
- Senile pruritis
- Acute tonsillitis
- Acute pyogenic infection of the perineum
- Abdominal pain with dysuria
- Acute pyogenic infection of the penis
- Bi-Polar disorder
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Acute icteric hepatitis
- Systemic lupus erythematosis
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Fallopian tube infection
- Uterine prolapse
- Allergic rhinitis
- Diabetes mellitus
- Atopic dermatitis
- Anxiety neurosis
- Stress-related breathing problems
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Acute pancreatitis
- Menopause syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Drug-induced dermatitis
- Short menstruation
- Rectal prolapse
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Optic neuritis
- Venereal ulcer
- Groin lymphadenitis
- Genital eczema
- Boils and carbuncles of the vestibular and external auditory canal
- Swollen eyelids
- Eye pain
- Acute prostatitis
- Scrotal eczema
- Scrotal abscess
- Acute cholecystitis
- Acute pyelitis
- Encephalitis B
- Chronic viral infections
- Viral dermatosis
- Genital inflammation and swelling
- Perineal itching in women
- Perineal infection
- Furuncle of the vestibulus nasi
- Vaginal pain
- Acne vulgaris
- Common warts
- Soft warts
- Otitis media
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Sperm abnormality
- Behcet's disease
- Herpetic cirrhosis
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding
- Urinary tract infection
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Oral lichen planus
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Epstein-Barr virus syndrome
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Allergic purpura
- Thrombocytopenic purpura
- Liver cancer
- Oral leukoplakia
- Use caution for those with Spleen and Stomach Deficiency Cold.
- Contraindicated for those with Yin, Yang or Blood Deficiency.
- Contraindicated for long-term use.