Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
Pin Ying Name: Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
English Name: Cinnamon & Poria Decoction
Chinese Name: 桂枝茯苓丸
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Actions|
|Ram. Cinnamomi||Gui Zhi||
Unblocks Yang, transforms Qi, warms the Middle and directs Turbid Yin downward, warms the channels, collaterals and Blood through the vessels to relieve pain and warms and facilitates the flow of Yang Qi in the chest.
With Bai Shao, warms and tonifies the Middle Jiao. With Fu Ling, unblocks the Yang and facilitates the removal of congested fluids associated with Yang Deficiency edema. With Fu Ling and Bai Shao, for Heart and Spleen Yang Deficiency with palpitations, edema and shortness of breath. With Dan Shen, for palpitations and chest pain due to Heart Yang Deficiency and subsequent painful obstruction due to Blood Stasis blocking the channels. With Tao Ren and Mu Dan Pi, for gynecological discomfort due to Blood Stasis and lower abdominal masses. With Tao Ren, Mu Dan Pi and Fu Ling, for amenorrhea and abdominal pain due to Cold Invasion and Blood Stasis.
Promotes urination, resolves Dampness, strengthens the Spleen, harmonizes the Middle Jiao and transforms Phlegm.
With Gui Zhi, warms and transforms fluids, unblocks Yang and promotes urination.
|Rx. Paeoniae Rubra||Chi Shao||
Clears Heat, cools the Blood, activates Blood, dispels Blood Stasis and eliminates pain.
With Tao Ren, for Blood Stasis induced menstrual disorders, especially those characterized by early period, excessive bleeding, and thick purple clots. With Bai Shao, for spasms and cramping pain associated with Blood Deficiency and Blood Stagnation. With Mu Dan Pi, for Blood Stasis disorders (amenorrhea, menstrual pain, traumatic injury).
|Rx. Paeoniae Alba||Bai Shao||
Nourishes Blood, regulates menstruation, benefits Yin, astringes weak Ying Qi, softens the Liver and relieves pain.
With Gui Zhi, harmonizes the Ying and Wei and warms and tonifies the Middle Jiao.
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||
Activates Blood, dispels Blood Stasis, drains pus and reduces swelling.
With Tao Ren and Gui Zhi, for amenorrhea and abdominal pain due to Blood Stasis. With Chi Shao, for irregular menstruation due to Heat and obstruction from Blood Deficiency. With Tao Ren, Gui Zhi, Fu Ling and Chi Shao, for amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea with severe pain, Heat, masses, lumps and tumors due to Blood Stasis.
|Sm Persicae||Tao Ren||
Dispels Blood Stasis and invigorates Blood circulation.
|Rx. Salviae Miltiorrhizae||Dan Shen||
Invigorates the Blood and dispels Blood Stasis.
May be added
- Invigorates the Blood
- Transforms Blood Stasis
- Softens lumps
- Reduces fixed abdominal pain
- Fetal malnourishment due to Blood Stasis in the uterus
- Tender masses in the lower abdomen due to Phlegm and Blood Stagnation
- Post abortion Blood Stasis
- Mild, persistent uterine bleeding of purple and black blood during pregnancy
- Abdominal pain that is worse with pressure
- Abdominal spasms and tension
- Immobile masses in the lower abdomen with pain and tenderness
- Amenorrhea with distention and pain
- Sinus congestion
- Excess weight in the pelvis
- Lower back ache
- Irregular menstruation
- Fetal instability
- Skin eruptions
- Scanty menstrual flow
- Scaly, dry skin
- Retention of lochia
- Shoulder stiffness
- Cold low body and feet
- Flushed face
- Protruding abdomen
- T: Dark purple or with echymoses or petechiae or pale with purplish spots
- C: White
- P: Choppy or Tense, deep and slow
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Uterine fibroids
- Cervical erosion
- Ovarian cysts
- Chronic salpingitis
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pelvic cellulitis
- Menstrual irregularity
- Uterine myoma
- Postpartum uterine bleeding
- Inflammation of the oviduct
- Menopausal disorders
- Perimenopause with uterine leiomyomas
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Male infertility with varicocele
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Premature ovarian failure
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal spasms
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- Abdominal pain during pregnancy
- Breast cancer
- Fetal instability
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Low back stiffness and pain
- Shoulder stiffness
- Black spots on the skin
- Cornification of hand due to irritation by cleaning agents
- Allergy to cosmetics
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Post ischemic brain injury
- Bladder cancer
- Abdominal tension
- Retained placenta
- Fetal restlessness
- Use with extreme caution during pregnancy or postpartum.
- Use only with confirmed diagnosis of Blood Stasis.
- This formula is not intended for serious conditions of Blood Stagnation or Excess Heat in the Blood.