Er Chen Tang
Pin Ying Name: Er Chen Tang
English Name: Two Cured Decoction
Chinese Name: 二陳湯
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rz. Pinelliae Preparatum||Zhi Ban Xia||5-15g||
Dries Dampness, expels Phlegm, descends Stomach Qi and reduces distention.
With Chen Pi, for Spleen Qi Deficiency or Phlegm-Damp Obstruction manifesting as productive cough and a stuffy chest.
|Per. Citri Reticulatae||Chen Pi||3-15g||
Revives the Spleen, activates Middle Jiao Qi, dries Dampness and transforms Phlegm.
With Zhi Ban Xia, for viscous sputum and a stuffy chest due to Phlegm-Damp Obstruction.
|Exocarpium Citri Reticulatae Rubrum||Ju Hong||15g||
Treats vomiting and belching and Phlegm-Damp coughs. May substitute for Chen Pi.
Strengthens the Spleen, transforms Phlegm and drains Dampness from the Middle Jiao.
With Chen Pi, Zhi Ban Xia and Sheng Jiang, for congested Fluids in the Stomach causing distention, nausea and vomiting.
|Rz. Zingiberis Recens||Sheng Jiang||3-12g||
With Zhi Ban Xia, for nausea.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae Preparata||Zhi Gan Cao||1-9g||
Tonifies the Spleen, resolves Phlegm and moderates and harmonizes the properties of other herbs.
- Dries Dampness
- Transforms Phlegm
- Regulates Qi
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- Phlegm-Damp Obstructs the Lungs
- Spleen-Damp Disturbs the Lungs
- Damp-Phlegm Retention (Shi Tan)
- Internal Phlegm-Damp with Qi Deficiency
- Wind-Phlegm (Feng Tan)
- Cough with copious, dilute, white frothy or lumpy sputum
- Chest and epigastric congestion
- Pain and full feeling in chest
- Dyspnea - worse lying down
- Throat rattle
- Maybe anorexia
- Shortness of breath
- Acute attack of panting with high pitched sound and rapid exhalation
- Facial edema
- Weak extremities
- T: Pale
- C: Thick, white and greasy or sticky
- P: Slippery or Soft
- Bronchial spasm
- Chronic bronchitis
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Gastrointestinal neurosis
- Late menstruation
- Common cold
- Vaginal discharge
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Otitis externa
- Cervical spondylosis
- Morning sickness
- Globus hystericus
- Facial edema
- Chronic gastritis
- Vernal conjunctivitis
- Meniere's disease
- Peptic ulcer
- Scanty menstruation
- Childhood eczema
- Diabetes mellitus
- Stomach cancer
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Breast cancer
- Otitis media
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Chronic gastroenteritis
- Acid reflux
- Contraindicated for those with Lung Yin Deficiency cough.