Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rz. seu Rx. Notopterygii||Qiang Huo||2.5-15g||
Expels Wind-Cold-Dampness, unblocks painful obstruction, alleviates pain and guides Qi to the Tai Yang and Du channels.
|Rx. Saposhnikoviae||Fang Feng||2-10g||
Expels Wind-Dampness and alleviates pain.
With Cang Zhu, for pain due to Wind-Dampness Bi with aching joints, heavy limbs and generalized aching discomfort. With Qiang Huo and Dang Gui, for Wind-Cold-Damp Bi.
|Rz. Cimicifugae||Sheng Ma||1-6g||
Releases the exterior, clears Heat and relieves toxicity.
|Rx. Puerariae||Ge Gen||2-10g||
Discharges Exterior conditions, releases the muscles, especially of the neck and upper back, relieves Heat and generates fluids.
|Rz. Atractylodis Macrocephalae||Bai Zhu||2.5-12g||
Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, dries Dampness and promotes water metabolism.
With Cang Zhu, for Damp Cold Painful Obstruction. With Zhu Ling and Ze Xie, for edema due to Internal Dampness.
|Corpus Radicis Angelicae Sinensis||Dang Gui Shen||2.5-12g||
Tonifies the Blood.
|Rz. Atractylodis||Cang Zhu||2-10g||
Strongly dries Dampness, tonifies the Spleen, induces sweating, expels Wind-Dampness and clears Dampness from the Lower Jiao.
|Rx. Ginseng||Ren Shen||2-6g||
Tonifies Spleen and Stomach Qi, generates Body Fluids and stops thirst.
With Bai Zhu, tonifies the transformation and transportation functions of the Spleen.
|Rx. Codonopsis||Dang Shen||6g||
May substitute for Ren Shen
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Gan Cao||1-15g||
Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, moderates spasms, alleviates pain, clears Heat, relieves Fire toxicity and moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
|Wine-fried Rx. Sophorae Flavescentis||Jiu Chao Ku Shen||1-10g||
Disperses Wind, clears Heat and dries Dampness.
|Dry-fried Rx. Scutellariae||Chaos Huang Qin||2.5-8g||
Clears Heat and dries Dampness.
With Qiang Huo, for Cold-Dampness at the Exterior with Heat in the Interior.
|Wine-washed Rz. Anemarrhenae||Jiu Chao Ku Shen||2.5-9g||
Clears Heat and drains Fire.
|Hb. Artemisiae Scopariae||Yin Chen Hao||2.5-15g||
Clears Damp-Heat from the Liver and Gallbladder, clears Heat, facilitates the resolution of Dampness and clears and releases Dampness in the the exterior.
With Huang Qi, for Damp-Heat skin rashes.
Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness and dispels Damp-Heat.
With Ze Xie, drains Damp, unblocks and drains urinary pathways and drains Heat from the Bladder.
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||2.5-9g||
Promotes urination and leaches out Dampness.
- Resolves Dampness
- Clears Heat
- Disperses Wind
- Stops pain
- Activates the Blood
- Tonifies Qi and Blood
- Damp-Heat with External Wind Invasion
- Damp-Heat Bi
- Atrophy disorder (Wei Syndrome) due to Damp-Heat
- Generalized body aches and pains
- Heavy sensation in the shoulder and back
- Discomfort or a constricted sensation in the area of the chest and diaphragm
- Multiple sores, carbuncles furuncles or abscesses
- Persistent swelling
- Chest pain
- Aching and painful extremities
- Aching and painful joints
- Unbearable swelling and pain of the lower extremities
- Shoulder stiffness
- T: Normal
- C: Greasy and slightly yellow
- P: Wiry and rapid or Soft and moderate or Soft, superficial and slow or Slippery and rapid or Deep and tight
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Atrophy (Wei) Syndrome
- Periarthritis of the shoulder
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Peripheral neuritis
- Urinary tract infection
- Hematuria associated with acute nephritis
- Renal calculi
- Wet beriberi with oliguria
- Acute rheumatism
- Generalized pain and swelling
- Genital eczema
- Arthritis with inflammation and swelling
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Painful obstruction
- Myasthenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre disease
- Acute myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord)
- Progressive muscular dystrophy
- The sequelae of poliomyelitis
- Lyme Disease
- Dermatitis of the leg with suppuration and swelling
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Irregular menstruation
- Prolonged lochia
- Acute infectious multiple neuritis
- Progressive myodystrophy
- Progressive myodystrophia
- Hysterical paralysis
- Periodic paralysis
- Facial paralysis
- Low back pain
- Contraindicated for those with Wind-Cold-Damp Bi.
- Avoid spicy, pungent, oily or greasy foods while taking this formula.