Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata||Shu Di Huang||25g||
Nourishes the Blood, nourishes Liver and Kidney Yin, nourishes Jing fills the marrow and arrests cough and wheezing.
With Shan Zhu Yu, nourishes Kidney Yin and secures Jing, while restraining urination and sweating. With Shan Zhu Yu and Shan Yao, for dizziness, weak and sore back, impotence, spermatorrhea and night sweats, due to Kidney and Liver Yin Deficiencies. With Ren Shen, for Qi, Blood and Yin Deficiencies. With Wu Wei Zi, Shan Yao and Shan Zhu Yu, for cough, shortness of breath and accelerated respiration.
|Rx. Astragali||Huang Qi||18g||
Tonifies Qi and Blood, strengthens the Spleen, raises the Yang Qi of the Spleen and Stomach, tonifies Wei Qi, stabilizes the exterior and tonifies the Lungs.
With Ren Shen, for Qi Deficiency with general debility, anorexia, fatigue, tired extremities and spontaneous sweat.
|Hb. Cistanches||Rou Cong Rong||18g||
Tonifies the Kidneys, strengthens the Yang and benefits Jing and marrow.
With Lu Rong, Shan Yao and Fu Ling, for forgetfulness, loss of hearing, impotence, spermatorrhea and infertility.
Strengthens the Spleen, harmonizes the Middle Jiao and transforms Phlegm.
|Cx. Eucommiae||Du Zhong||12g||
Tonifies the Kidneys and Liver, strengthens the sinews and bones and tonifies Kidney Yang.
With Shan Zhu Yu and Tu Si Zi, for impotence and frequent urination due to Deficiency Cold of the Kidneys.
|Rx. Dioscoreae||Shang Yao||12g||
Tonifies the Kidney Yin and astringes Jing.
With Shu Di Huang and Shan Zhu Yu, for Kidney Deficiency with spermatorrhea and night sweats. With Shan Zhu Yu and Tu Si Zi, for leukorrhea due to Spleen and Kidney Deficiencies.
|Fr. Corni||Shan Zhu Yu||12g||
Stabilizes the Kidneys, astringes Jing, tonifies Liver and Kidney Yin and strengthens Kidney Yang.
With Wu Wei Zi, for spermatorrhea, abnormal sweating, palpitations and shortness of breath due to Yin and Yang Deficiencies of the Liver and Kidneys. With Shu Di Huang, Shan Yao and Gou Qi Zi, for true Yin Deficiency.
|Lycii||Gou Qi Zi||12g||
Nourishes and tonifies Liver and Kidney Blood and Yin, benefits Jing and brightens the eyes.
With Shu Di Huang, for Liver and Kidney Deficiencies. With Shu Di Huang, Tu Si Zi and Du Zhong, for dizziness, weakness, impotence, and spermatorrhea due to Kidney and Liver Yin and Blood Deficiencies.
|Sm. Cuscutae||Tu Si Zi||12g||
Strengthens Yang, nourishes Yin, astringes Jing and urine and benefits the marrow.
With Lu Rong, Rou Cong Rong and Shan Yao, for exhaustion, aversion to Cold and frequent dripping urination due to deficient Kidney Qi. With Du Zhong, enriches and tonifies the Kidneys and Liver, astringes Jing, nourishes Kidney Yin , brightens the eyes and encourages the movement of Primal Yang to treat spermatorrhea, premature ejaculation and lower back pain from Kidney Deficiency.
|Cornu Cervi Pantotrichum||Lu Rong||12g||
Tonifies the Kidneys, strengthens the Yang, tonifies the DU Channel, strengthens Jing and Blood, strengthens the sinews and bones and benefits marrow.
With Ren Shen, strongly tonifies Qi and strongly warms the Ming Men to generate Qi, benefits Qi , Blood, Yin , Yang and Jing to treat congenital insufficiency or post natal consumption and treats Yang Deficiency with weakness of Fire at the Ming Men, palpitations, low back pain, and decreased and difficult urination due to severely deficient Heart and Kidneys.
|Rx. Ginseng||Ren Shen||9g||
Powerfully tonifies Yuan Qi, tonifies Lung Qi and treats impotence.
With Shu Du Huang , for Qi and Yin Deficiencies and severe Qi and Blood Deficiencies due to loss of blood. With Huang Qi, for Lung Qi Deficiency.
|Rx. Ophiopogonis||Mai Men Dong||9g||
Moistens the Lungs, nourishes the Yin and stops cough.
With Ren Shen and Wu Wei Zi, for profuse sweating, wheezing, increased heart rate, and exhaustion due to severe Deficiencies of the Heart and Lungs and Qi and Yin Deficiencies with fatigue, shortness of breath thirst and dry mouth.
|Fr. Schisandrae||wu Wei Zi||6g||
Contains leakage of Lung Qi, stops cough, tonifies the Kidneys, astringes Jing and tonifies Qi.
With Huang Qi, for Yang Deficiency with spontaneous sweat.
- Tonifies the Kidneys
- Astringes Jing
- Tonifies Qi
- Astringes Lung Qi
- Stops cough
- Nasal congestion, rhinitis and sinusitis due to Kidney Jing Deficiency
- Variable and intermittent nasal congestion
- Variable and transient sense of smell or permanent loss of sense of smell
- Dull or thick headache with dizziness
- Chronic nasal discharge which is worse with exposure to Cold
- Poor memory
- Muddle headedness
- Slow to learn
- Soreness and weakness of the back and spine
- Graying, lifeless hair
- Pale, lusterless complexion
- Edema of the lower extremities
- In adults:
- Hair loss
- Graying or whitening of hair
- Weak sexual function
- Atrophy and weakness of feet with difficulty walking
- Poor memory
- Senility (premature or mature)
- Brittle bones
- Gradual deterioration of hearing
- In children:
- Retardation in mental and / or physical development
- Failure to thrive
- Late or incomplete closing of fontanel
- Poor bone development, brittle bones
- T: Pale and swollen
- C: White
- P: Deep and slow
- Nasal congestion
- Chronic rhinitis
- Memory loss
- Contraindicated immediately after a stroke due to cerebral hemorrhage.
- Contraindicated for those with Wind-Stroke with a big, forceful or firm, wiry, forceful pulse.
- Contraindicated for those with Yin Deficiency.
- Contraindicated for those with Blood Heat.
- Contraindicated for those with Phlegm Stagnation.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Be sure consciousness is returned and the temperature is normal.
- Be sure there is no hemorrhage present and there is a moderate pulse.