Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Ram. Cinnamomi||Gui Zhi||3-12g||
Releases the Exterior, warms the channels and collaterals to relieve pain, disperses Cold, unblocks Yang, transforms Qi and releases the muscle layer.
With Ma Huang, for Wind-Cold-Damp Bi. With Bai Shao,for External Wind-Cold with disharmony between the Ying and Wei, with spontaneous sweating. With Zhi Fu Zi, for chills and painful extremities due to Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp Bi and backache due to Wind-Cold Damp Bi.
|Rx. Ephedrae||Ma Huang||3-9g||
Releases the Exterior, disperses Cold, promotes urination and reduces edema.
|Rx. Aconiti Lateralis Preparata||Zhi Fu Zi||0.5-15g||
Disperses Cold., warms the channels, warms the Spleen and dispels Dampness.
With Bai Zhu, for Wind-Damp Bi.
|Rx. Anemarrhenae||Zhi Mu||3-12g||
Nourishes Yin, moistens Dryness, generates Fluids and ameliorates the dryness of tonifying or warming herbs.
|Rx. Paeoniae Alba||Bai Shao||3-9g||
Nourishes Blood, astringes Yin and alleviates pain.
|Rz. Atractylodis Macrocephalae||Bai Zhu||4-15g||
Tonifies the Spleen, tonifies Qi, dries Dampness and stabilizes the exterior.
|Rx. Saposhnikoviae||Fang Feng||3-12g||
Releases the exterior, expels External Wind-Cold and Heat, expels Wind-Cold-Dampness and alleviates pain.
|Rz. Zingiberis Recens||Sheng Jiang||3-15g||
Strengthens the spreading and mobilizing actions of the other herbs.
With Zhi Gan Cao, harmonizes and regulates the Spleen and Stomach.
|Baked Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Zhi Gan Cao||1.5-6g||
Moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
- Unblocks Yang Qi
- Promotes the movement of Qi
- Dispels Wind
- Eliminates Dampness
- Clears Heat
- Unblocks the channels and collaterals
- Stops pain
- Recurrent Wind-Cold-Damp Bi
- Wind-Damp Bi with formation of Heat
- Wind-Phlegm-Dampness with formation of Heat
- Swollen painful joints (especially lower limbs)
- Joints are warm to the touch (may be burning and swollen)
- The pain is worse at night
- Reduced range of motion
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Muscular atrophy
- Difficulty walking and moving
- Rigidity of the limbs
- Swollen feet
- Numbness of the extremities
- T: Normal
- C: White and greasy or Thin, yellow and greasy
- P: Wiry and slippery or Slippery and rapid
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Connective tissue disorders
- Gouty arthritis
- Severe migratory arthralgia
- Chronic arthritis
- Periarthritis of the shoulder
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Cor pulmonare
- Sequelae of cerebrovascular accident
- General pain
- Muscular atrophy in the lower limbs
- Erythema nodosum
- Sequelae of cerebrovasculitis with hemiplegia
- Low back pain