Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rz. Pinelliae Preparatum||Zhi Ban Xia||6-12g||
Dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm, dissipates clumps, descends Rebellious Qi, harmonizes the Stomach, stops vomiting and eliminates focal distention.
With Ren Shen, for vomiting due to Stomach Deficiency. with Huang Lian, for epigastric distention and indigestion due to a simultaneous invasion of Hot and Cold pathogenic influences into the Stomach. with Huang Qin, for Phlegm-Heat induced Rebellious Qi with cough, nausea, and vomiting. with Huang Lian, Huang Qin and Gan Jiang, for nausea and vomiting due to Heat and Cold.
|Rz. Zingiberis||Gan Jiang||2-12g||
Warms the Middle, expels Cold, warms the Lungs and transforms thin mucus.
With Huang Lian, for epigastric pain and distention, dysentery, indeterminate gnawing hunger, vague abdominal pain or discomfort, belching, and nausea. With Zhi Ban Xia, for vomiting of saliva or dry heaves due to Cold-induced congested fluids. With Zhi Gan Cao, for epigastric pain and vomiting due to Spleen and Stomach Deficiency Cold. With Zhi Ban Xia and Ren Shen, for vomiting due to Deficiency Cold.
|Rx. Scutellariae||Huang Qin||3-10g||
Clears Heat, dries Dampness, drains Fire and detoxifies.
With Huang Lian, drains pathogenic Heat from the Upper and Middle Jiaos for high fever, redness, swelling and pain of the head and face, dry mouth, parched throat, ulcerations of the mouth and tongue, epistaxis, rashes and irritability in warm-febrile disease.
|Rz. Coptidis||Huan Lian||1-6g||
Clears Heat, drains Dampness, drains Fire, resolves Fire toxicity and drains Stomach Fire.
With Zhi Ban Xia, for Cold and Heat in the Middle Jiao with abdominal fullness, nausea and vomiting. With Zhi Ban Xia and Gan Jian, for Cold and Heat complexes in the Intestines and Stomach marked by focal distention, nausea, vomiting and feelings of oppression in the chest. With Huang Qin, Zhi Ban Xia and Gan Jiang, for Damp-Heat in the Middle Jiao.
|Rx. Ginseng||Ren Shen||3-10g||
Tonifies Spleen, Stomach and Lung Qi and tonifies Qi in Deficiency patients with Exterior conditions.
With Da Zao, benefits the Middle Jiao Qi and prevents injury to the Qi.
|Fr. Jujube||Da Zao||3g||
Tonifies the Spleen and Stomach, augments Qi, and moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae Preparata||Zhi Gan Cao||3-9g||
Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, clears Heat, relieves Fire toxicity and moderates and harmonizes the properties of other herbs.
- Harmonizes the Stomach
- Descends Rebellious Qi
- Disperses clumping
- Eliminates focal distention due to Cold and Heat factors
- Disharmony Between the Stomach and Intestines with interaction of Cold and Heat factors
- Improper purging of the Shao Yang with underlying Stomach Deficiency
- Damp-Heat in the gastrointestinal area
- Gu Syndrome
- Epigastric focal distention
- Fullness and tightness with very slight or no pain
- Dry heaves
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal pain
- Subcardiac distention
- Resistance below the Heart
- Soft epigastrium
- Gurgling sounds
- T: Normal or with a red tip
- C: Thin, yellow and greasy
- P: Wiry and rapid or Wiry, tight and rapid
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Atrophic gastritis
- Chronic gastritis
- Chronic hepatitis
- Early-stage cirrhosis
- Indigestion due to hyper-secretion of acid
- Gastric cancer
- Chronic cholecystitis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic asthma
- Aphthous ulcers
- Morning sickness
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Renal failure
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Genital warts
- Gu syndrome
- Celiac disease
- Abdominal pain
- Acid reflux
- Hiatus hernia
- Systemic lupus erythematosis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Motion sickness
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Superficial gastritis
- Infantile indigestion
- Liver cirrhosis
- Anal warts
- Ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal fullness and distention
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Esophageal cancer
- Contraindicated for those with focal distention due to Qi Stagnation or Food Stagnation or Accumulation of Phlegm and Heat.
- Contraindicated for those with nausea and vomiting due to Yin Deficiency.