Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata||Shu Di Huang||8-30g||
Nourishes Yin and Blood and tonifies the Kidneys.
With Shan Zhu Yu, nourishes Kidney Yin and secures Jing, while restraining urination and sweating. With Rou Gui, for Kidney Yang Deficiency.
|Fr. Corni||Shan Zhu Yu||4-20g||
Nourishes Kidney Yin and Yang, astringes Yin and stops Excess perspiration.
With Shan Yao, tonifies the Liver and benefits the Spleen.
|Rx. Dioscoreae||Shan Yao||4-15g||
Strengthens the Spleen, stabilizes the Kidneys and nourishes Jing.
With Shu Di Huang and Shan Zhu Yu, for Kidney Deficiency with spermatorrhea, dizziness, tinnitus, lower back pain, impotence and night sweats.
|Rx. Lateralis Aconiti Preparata||Zhi Fu Zi||1-9g||
Tonifies the Ming Men, dispels Cold, eliminates Dampness and tonifies Kidney Yang.
With Gui Zhi, assists Yang and enhances water metabolism. With Shu Di Huang and Rou Gui, for Kidney Yang Deficiency with waning of Ming Men Fire with aversion to Cold, weak and sore back and legs, impotence, and urinary frequency.
|Ram. Cinnamomi (Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan)||Gui Zhi||3-5g||
Warms and tonifies Kidney Yang and warms and facilitates the flow of Qi through the channels and collaterals and Blood through the vessels.
With Mu Dan Pi, helps move Blood to facilitate the flow to the Kidneys. With Zhi Fu Zi, for chills, backache and painful extremities due to Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp Bi.
|(Cx. Cinnamomi) (Ba Wei Di Huang Wan)||Rou Gui||3-15g||
Warms the Kidneys, Spleen and Heart, strengthens Yang and Ming Men Fire, disperses deep Cold, warms the channels, unblocks the channels and vessels, alleviates pain, leads the Fire back to its source and assists the generation of Qi and Blood.
With Zhi Fu Zi, powerfully tonifies Kidney Yang, for Kidney Yang Deficiency with lower back pain and weakness in the legs and knees and Deficiency of Ming Men Fire with impotence or infertility.
|Rz. Alismatis||Ze Xie||3-15g||
Promotes urination and prevents Kidney Fire as a result of tonification.
With Fu Ling and Mu Dan Pi, regulates the Kidneys, Liver and Spleen, drains and tonifies. With Fu Ling, promotes urination, strengthens the Spleen and drains Dampness, enabling Gui Zhi to warm the Bladder.
Strengthens the Spleen and drains Dampness.
With Gui Zhi, warms and transforms the Fluids, unblocks Yang and promotes urination.
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||
Clears Heat and Deficiency Fire, cools and harmonizes the Blood, invigorates the Blood and dispels Blood Stasis.
- Warms and Tonifies Kidney Yang
- Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Leg Qi
- Tan Yin
- Xiao Ke
- Jin Ye Stasis
- Atrophy disorder (Wei Syndrome) due to Liver and Kidney Deficiency
- Aversion to Cold
- Watery stools with undigested food
- Lower back pain
- Weakness of the lower extremities
- A cold sensation in the lower half of the body
- Tenseness in the lower abdomen
- Pain and cramps in the lower abdomen
- Panting and irritability to the point of having difficulty lying down
- Will breathe most comfortably while leaning against something
- May be numbness in the lower abdomen
- Urinary difficulty with edema or Spasmodic pain in the lower abdomen
- Excessive urination
- If severe, may be incontinence of urine
- May have persistent diarrhea
- May have flushed face (Yang floating upward)
- Thirst with frequent, copious urination (Xiao Ke)
- Fatigue (severe)
- May have severe perspiration (Yang floating upward)
- Pale face
- Edema of the face and feet
- Severe edema of the legs (may prevent walking)
- Maybe cough
- Maybe asthma
- T: Pale, may be swollen
- C: Thin, white and moist
- P: Deep, Deep and thready and/or Weak and slow
- Chronic glomerulonephritis
- Chronic interstitial nephritis
- Chronic diffuse nephritis
- Chronic urethritis
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Primary hyperaldosteronism
- Chronic bronchial asthma
- Chronic bronchitis
- Urinary retention
- Climacteric syndrome
- Epstein Barr Virus
- Chronic Functional Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome (CFIDS)
- Prostate cancer
- Addison’s Disease
- Postpartum dysuria
- Urinary incontinence
- Numbness of the legs
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Postpartum urinary retention
- Vitreous opacity
- Meniere’s disease
- Neurogenic tinnitus
- Periodontal disease
- Vesicle calculus
- Coronary artery disease
- Irregular menstruation
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre disease
- Acute myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord)
- Progressive muscular dystrophy
- The sequelae of poliomyelitis
- Hay fever
- Addison’s disease
- Low back pain
- Facial and ankle edema
- Oral leukoplakia
- Dysuria during pregnancy
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Macular degeneration
- Chronic rhinitis
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Post-surgical urinary incontinence
- Urinary retention from spinal cord injuries
- Renal tuberculosis
- Perimenopausal syndrome
- Leg Qi
- Menopause syndrome
- Cystic tuberculosis
- Senile cystoatrophy
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Inappropriate erection
- Premature ejaculation
- Deformed vertebrae
- Senile itching
- Dry skin
- Fever in the head and extremities
- Chronic gonorrhea
- Poor vision
- Senile dementia
- Vegetative nerve disturbance
- Paralysis of the detrusor muscle
- Recurrent aphthous ulcers
- Endocrine disorders
- Scanty menstruation
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Optic atrophy
- Atrophy (Wei) Syndrome
- Spontaneous perspiration
- Hysterical paralysis
- Periodic paralysis
- Facial paralysis
- Acute infectious multiple neuritis
- Stomach cancer
- Oliguria with edema
- Chronic renal failure
- Cor pulmonare
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Knee pain
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Chronic enteritis
- Rectal prolapse
- Edema during pregnancy
- Upper back pain
- Contraindicated for those with Yin Deficiency with dry mouth and throat and a red tongue with no coat.
- Use with caution for those with gastrointestinal weakness.
- Contraindicated for those with marked ascites.
- Contraindicated for those with frequent diarrhea.
- Contraindicated for those with facial flushing with fever.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.