Yu Ping Feng San
Pin Ying Name: Yu Ping Feng San
English Name: Siler & Astragalus Decoction
Chinese Name: 玉屏風散
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Actions|
|(Honey-prepared) Rx. Astragali||(Mi Zhi) Huang Qi||
Strengthens the Spleen, raises the Yang Qi of the Spleen and Stomach, tonifies Wei Qi, stabilizes the exterior and tonifies the Lungs (aids circulation of moisture downward from the face).
With Fang Feng, stabilizes the exterior without causing the pathogenic influences to remain.
|Rz. Atractylodis Macrocephalae||Bai Zhu||
Strengthens the Spleen, tonifies Qi. stabilizes the exterior and stops sweating.
With Huang Qi, for Spleen Qi Deficiency with weakness, lassitude and loose stools. With Huang Qi and Fang Feng, for spontaneous sweat with aversion to Wind.
|Rx. Saposhnikoviae||Fang Feng||
Releases the exterior and expels External Wind.
With Huang Qi, prevents Wind from entering the skin.
- Tonifies Qi
- Stabilizes the exterior
- Stops sweat
- Spontaneous sweating due to Qi Deficiency
- Spontaneous sweating due to Wei Qi Deficiency
- Lung Qi Deficiency
- Aversion to Wind and Cold
- Spontaneous sweat
- Recurrent colds
- Shiny, pale complexion
- Increased susceptibility to external invasion
- T: Pale or pink
- C: White
- P: Floating, Deficient and soft
- Common cold
- Chronic rhinitis
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chronic sinusitis
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Mild bronchitis (especially in children)
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Cor Pulmonare
- Autonomic dystonia
- Spontaneous perspiration
- Postpartum convulsions
- Prevents colds and respiratory tract infection
- Chronic glomerulonephritis
- Bronchial asthma
- Abnormal perspiration
- Facial paralysis
- Herpes zoster
- Hay fever
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Contraindicated for those with Excess patterns.
- Contraindicated for those with night sweats due to Yin Deficiency.