Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Fr. Perillae||Zi Su Zi||3-15g||
Descends Qi, resolves Phlegm, dries Dampness and stops cough.
With Zhi Ban Xia, Hou Po and Qian Hu, for Coughing and wheezing due to Rebellious Qi and Phlegm.
|Rz. Pinelliae Preparatum||Zhi Ban Xia||4-10g||
Dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm, descends Rebellious Qi and stops vomiting.
With Hou Po, for Phlegm-Dampness with Qi Stagnation. With Hou Po and Qian Hu, stops wheezing. With Sheng Jiang, for vomiting due to Cold, thin mucus.
|Rx. Angelicae Sinensis||Dang Gui||2.5-12g||
Tonifies, invigorates and harmonizes Blood, stops cough, descends Qi and treats dyspnea.
With Zi Su Zi, Qian Hu, Zhi Ban Xia and Hou Po, for cough, dyspnea, shortness of breath and profuse sputum.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Gan Cao||1-6g||
Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, moistens the Lungs, resolves Phlegm, stops cough and moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
|Cx. Magnoliae||Hou Po||2.5-9g||
Promotes the movement of Qi in the Middle Jiao, resolves Stagnation, Expels Phlegm, stops cough, transforms Dampness and descends rebellious Qi.
With Zi Su Zi and Rou Gui, for cough and wheezing due to Excess above and Deficiency below with clogging of Phlegm. With Zi Su Zi, Dang Gui and Rou Gui, for cough and wheezing due to Excess in the Upper Jiao (Phlegm Obstructs Lung Qi) with Deficiency in the Lower Jiao (Kidney Deficiency).
|Rx. Peucedani||Qian Hu||2.5-9g||
Expels Phlegm, descends Qi and stops cough.
|Cx. Cinnamomi||Rou Gui||1.5-6g||
Warms the Kidneys, strengthens Yang and helps the Kidneys to grasp Qi.
|Rz. Zingiberis Recens||Sheng Jiang||1-3g||
Releases the Exterior, induces perspiration,disperses Cold, warms the Middle, stops vomiting, warms the Lungs, stops cough adjusts the Ying and Wei to normalize the flow of Qi at the center.
With Da Zao, prevents Phlegm accumulation.
|Fr. Zizyphi Jujube||Da Zao||1.5-5g||
Tonifies the Spleen, Stomach, augments Qi and moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs.
- Disperses and Descends Lung Qi
- Stops wheezing
- Stops coughing
- Warms and transforms Phlegm-Cold
- Strengthens the Stomach
- Phlegm-Damp Obstructs the Lungs
- Cold Phlegm-Damp Retention (Excess above), Kidney Yang Deficiency (Deficiency below)
- Asthma with Kidney Deficiency and Cold Phlegm
- Coughing and wheezing with copious, dilute, white, frothy or lumpy sputum
- Chest and epigastric congestion
- Cold legs
- Pain and full feeling in the chest
- Dyspnea - worse lying down
- Sometimes asthma
- Throat rattle
- Shortness of breath with labored inhalation and smooth exhalation
- Acute attack of panting with a high pitched wheezing sound and rapid exhalation
- Leg Qi
- Acute cramping
- Muscle wasting
- Diarrhea in response to cold or hot weather
- Maybe anorexia
- Insensitivity in the lower abdomen
- Facial edema
- Lumbar pain
- Weakness in the body and feet
- Numbness, weakness and aching of the feet and legs
- Edema of the extremities
- Weakness below the umbilicus
- Fatigue with a desire to curl up
- Epigastric distention
- Disordered speech
- T: Pale
- C: Thick, white and greasy or sticky
- P: Slippery or Soft
- Bronchial asthma
- Cardiac asthma
- Chronic bronchitis
- Morning sickness
- Common cold
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Tracheal collapse
- Globus hystericus
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cor pulmonare
- Lumbar pain
- Contraindicated for those with asthma due to Lung or Kidney Deficiency without External Invasion.
- Contraindicated for those with asthma due to Phlegm-Heat in Lungs.