Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Fol. Mori||Sang Ye||6-12g||
Relieves Wind-Heat, clears Lung Heat and stops cough.
With Ju Hua, for cough and redness, swelling and pain of the eyes due to Wind-Heat. With Ju Hua, Jie Geng and Xing Ren, for cough.
|Flos Chrysanthemi||Ju Hua||3-10g||
Relieves Wind-Heat from Upper Jiao, Liver and eyes.
|Fr. Forsythiae||Lian Qiao||4.5-15g||
Clears Heat, relieves toxicity and expels Wind-Heat.
|Hb. Menthae||Bo He||2.4-6g||
Disperses Wind-Heat, vents rashes, benefits the throat and clears the head and eyes.
With Ju Hua, for Wind-Heat headache.
|Rx. Platycodi||Jie Geng||3-10g||
Regulates Lung Qi, stops cough, expels Phlegm, benefits the throat and directs the actions of the formula to the upper body.
With Gan Cao, for hoarseness and throat swelling and pain due to Wind-Heat Attacks the Lungs.
|Sm. Armeniacae||Xing Ren||6-10g||
Regulates Lung Qi and stops cough and wheezing.
With Sang Ye, for dry, non-productive cough due to Wind-Heat Attacks the Lungs.
|Rz. Phragmitis||Lu Gen||6-30g||
Clears Lung Heat, generates Fluids and vents rashes.
|Rx. Glycyrrhizae||Gan Cao||1.5-6g||
Tonifies Qi, moistens the Lungs, resolves Phlegm, stops cough, clears Heat, relieves Fire toxicity and harmonizes.
With Jie Geng, for throat soreness and swelling.
- Disperses Wind Heat
- Stops Cough
- Clears the Lungs
- Wind-Heat Attacks the Lungs (initial stage)
- Wen Bing Wei Stage Dry Heat
- Summer Heat with Damp
- Damp Heat
- Cough with thick, sticky, yellow sputum
- Sore, red, swollen throat
- Slight thirst, with desire to drink cold liquids
- Runny or blocked nose with thick yellow discharge
- Maybe chest pain
- Slight fever with perspiration
- Slight chills
- Eye pain
- Aversion to Wind
- Maybe dyspnea with flared nostrils
- T: Red tip
- C: Thin and yellow or white
- P: Superficial and rapid
- Acute tonsillitis
- Common cold
- Acute conjunctivitis
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Early-stage measles
- Acute bronchitis
- Acute laryngitis
- Contraindicated for those with an External Wind-Cold Invasion.