Qing Qi Hua Tan Tang
Pin Ying Name: Qing Qi Hua Tan Tang
English Name: Pinellia Clear Qi Decoction
Chinese Name: 清氣化痰湯
Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Actions|
|Rz. Pinelliae Preparatum||Zhi Ban Xia||
Dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm, descends Rebellious Qi and stops vomiting.
With Chen Pi, for productive cough and a stifling sensation in the chest due to Phlegm-Damp Obstruction or Spleen Qi Deficiency. With Fu Ling, for Phlegm, thin mucus and turbid Dampness. With Huang Qin, for Phlegm-Heat induced Rebellious Qi with cough, nausea, and vomiting.
|Arisaemae cum Bile||Dan Nan Xing||
Clears Heat and dissolves Phlegm.
|Dry-fried Rx. Scutellariae||Chao Huang Qin||
Clears Heat, dries Dampness, drains Fire and detoxifies.
|Sm. Trichosanthis||Gua Lou Ren||
Clears Heat and transforms Hot Phlegm and expands the chest.
|Dry-fried Fr. Aurantii Immaturus||Chao Zhi Shi||
Breaks up Stagnant Qi, reduces accumulation, descends Qi and transforms Phlegm.
With Chen Pi, strengthens the Middle Jiao.
|Per. Citri Reticulatae||Chen Pi||
Regulates Qi, adjusts the Middle, relieves the diaphragm, dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm and Descends Qi.
Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness and transforms Phlegm.
With Zhi Ban Xia and Chen Pi, for nausea, vomiting, chest fullness and distention and anorexia due to congested fluids.
|Sm. Armeniacae||Xing Ren||
Stops cough and calms wheezing.
- Clears Heat
- Dissolves Phlegm
- Descends Qi
- Stops cough
- Phlegm-Heat Congests the Lung
- Phlegm-Heat Obstructs the Middle Jiao
- Re Tan
- Rapid breathing with a harsh voice
- Cough with expectoration of copious thick, purulent, yellow-green sputum or blood-flecked, foul-smelling pus (as in Lung abscess)
- The sputum is difficult to expectorate
- Maybe chills and fever
- Fullness and distention in the chest and diaphragm
- Epigastric fullness and distention
- Chest pain
- Pain in the ribs
- Dry mouth
- Scanty, dark urine
- T: Scarlet
- C: Yellow or Yellow and greasy or Yellow and smooth
- P: Rapid or Rapid and smooth or Slippery and rapid
- Chronic tracheitis
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Chronic rhinitis
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Cervical lymphadenopathy
- Contraindicated for those with Yin Deficiency.
- Contraindicated for those with Dryness.
- Contraindicated for those with Wind-Cold.