Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Wine-fried Cx. Phellodendri||Jiu Chao Huang Bai||15-240g||
Drains Damp-Heat especially from the Lower Jiao, drains Kidney Fire, drains Fire and relieves Fire toxicity.
|Wine-fried Rz. Anemarrhenae||Jiu Chao Zhi Mu||10-30g||
Clears Heat, drains Fire, nourishes Yin, clears Deficiency Fire, moistens Dryness, generates Fluids and quenches thirst.
With Huang Bai, clears Heat and Drains Fire for Yin Deficiency Fire and steaming Bone disorder from Yin Deficiency with night sweats, dizziness, and vertigo.
|Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata||Shu Di Huang||20-60g||
Nourishes Jing and Blood, strongly enriches Yin and fills the Marrow.
With Gui Ban, for dizziness, insomnia, tinnitus, forgetfulness, afternoon fevers, and night sweats due Yin Deficiency with Yang Rising. With Huang Bai and Zhi Mu, for Lower Jiao Wasting and Thirsting with Yin Deficiency Heat. With Gui Ban, Suo yang and Zhi Mu, for weakness and soreness of the knees due to Kidney Yin Deficiency Fire.
|Wine-fried Plastrum Testudinis||Jiu Chao Gui Ban||20-120g||
Nourishes Yin, anchors Yang,benefits the Kidneys, strengthens the bones, nourishes the Blood, enriches Yin and stabilizes the Chong and Ren channels.
|Rx. Paeoniae Alba||Bai Shao||10-60g||
Nourishes the Blood, astringes Yin, calms Liver Yang and Liver Wind and alleviates pain.
|*Os Tigris (see contra-indications)||Hu Gu||10-60g||
Dispels Wind-Dampness, controls pain and strengthens the sinews and bones.
|Hb. Cynomorii||Suo Yang||10-45g||
Tonifies the Kidneys, benefits Jing and marrow, strengthens Yang, nourishes Liver Yin and Blood and strengthens sinews and bones.
With Shu Di Huang and Gui Ban, for soreness and weakness of the back and knees.
|Rz. Zingiberis||Gan Jiang||6-30g||
Warms the Middle, expels Cold and dispels Wind-Dampness seeping into the Lower Jiao.
|Per. Citri Reticulatae||Chen Pi||6-60g||
Regulates Qi, adjusts the Middle, relieves the diaphragm, dries Dampness and transforms Phlegm.
- Enriches Yin
- Descends Fire
- Strengthens the sinews and bones
- Atrophy disorder (Wei Syndrome) due to Liver and Kidney Deficiency
- Weakness and soreness of the lower back and knees
- Deterioration of the sinews and bones with a general reduction in function
- Wasting of the muscles of the legs and feet
- Difficulty walking
- Spontaneous emissions
- Urinary incontinence
- T: Red
- C: Little or None
- P: Thready and rapid or Thready and weak
- Atrophy (Wei) Syndrome
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Urinary incontinence
- Muscular atrophy
- Flaccidity of the muscles and bones
- Chronic arthritis
- Physical retardation in infants
- Lateral spinal sclerosis
- Consumptive fever
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tuberculosis of the knee
- Stroke with numbness and weakness
- Post-stroke sequelae
- Cervical spondylosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Atrophy and degeneration of the nervous system
- Atrophy and degeneration of the reproductive system
- Myasthenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre disease
- Acute myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord)
- Progressive muscular dystrophy
- The sequelae of poliomyelitis
- Acute infectious multiple neuritis
- Progressive myodystrophy
- Progressive myodystrophia
- Hysterical paralysis
- Periodic paralysis
- Facial paralysis
- Contraindicated for those with Wei Syndrome due to Spleen and Stomach Deficiency or Damp-Heat.
- *Os Tigris Hu Gu is an endangered species and is not used. See modifications for substitutions.