Herbs & Actions
|Pharmaceutical Latin||Pin Yin||Dosage||Actions|
|Rx. et Rz. Rhei||Da Huang||2-12g||
Drains Heat and breaks up Blood Stasis.
|Natrii Sulfas||Mang Xiao||4-12g||
Purges, softens hardness, eliminates stagnation, clears Heat and moistens Dryness.
With Da Huang, for constipation due to Stomach and Intestinal Heat.
|Cx. Moutan||Mu Dan Pi||3-9g||
Cools Blood, clears Heat and eliminates masses due to Blood Stasis.
With Da Huang, for unsuppurated abdominal abscess with pain, constipation and low grade fever.
|Sm. Persicae||Tao Ren||4-15g||
Breaks up Blood Stasis, invigorates Blood, moistens Intestines and unblocks bowels.
Breaks up Blood Stasis, invigorates Blood, moistens Intestines and unblocks bowels. With Da Huang, for severe abdominal infection. With Da Huang and Mang Xiao, for Intestinal Abscess with pain and swelling.
|Sm. Benincasae||Dong Gua Ren||6-30g||
Expels pus, eliminates Heat and reduces abscesses, especially in the Intestines.
With Da Huang and Mu Dan Pi, for Intestinal Abscess.
- Drains Heat
- Breaks up Blood Stasis
- Invigorates the Blood
- Disperses nodules
- Reduces swelling
- Early Stage Intestinal Abscess
- Heat and Blood Stagnation
- Lower abdominal distention and pain (usually on right)
- Pain increases on pressure with rebound tenderness
- Guarding of the abdominal musculature
- Groin pain resembling urinary dysfunction without urinary difficulty
- Groin pain relieved by flexing hip and knee
- Groin pain intensified by extending hip
- Irregular or intermittent fever followed by chills and perspiration
- May be mass in lower right quadrant of abdomen
- Aversion to Cold
- Hard lumps
- T: Pink
- C: Thin, white or yellow and greasy
- P: Slippery and rapid or Tight or Wiry and tight or Tight and rapid
- Acute uncomplicated appendicitis
- Mesenteric lymphadenitis
- Ruptured appendicitis with peritonitis
- Chronic appendicitis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Infection after vasectomy
- Renal abscess
- Pulmonary abscess
- Abdominal or lower extremity folliculitis
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Chronic prostatitis
- Mesenteric lymphadenitis
- Rectal prolapse
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Puerperal fever
- Periappendicular abscess
- Acute cholecystitis
- Ulcerative enteritis
- Iliac fossa abscess
- Subdermal abscess
- Hepatic abscess
- Bacterial dysentery
- Blocked uterine tubes
- Cerebral thrombosis
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Suppurative tonsillitis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Incarcerated internal hemorrhoids
- Abdominal pain
- Intestinal obstruction
- Contraindicated for those with necrotic appendicitis.
- Contraindicated for those with appendicitis with peritonitis.
- Contraindicated for infants with appendicitis.
- Contraindicated for those with appendicitis due to parasites.
- Contraindicated during Pregnancy.
- Use extreme caution in the weak and elderly.